The real motivation behind this was to create a place to eventually store all my computer systems and electrical for my autonomous car project.

Not pictured: the 4x8 sheet of plywood I started with. But here it is cut to fit in the back of my Blazer.

3-1

Left side:

3-2

Right side:

3-3

Looking to the front:

3-4

Looking out the back:

3-5

Gap I left between the tailgate.

3-6

Cover still fits (and I remembered another potential spot to hide electrical).

3-7

Test fit! Also not pictured: the 2x4x8 board I ripped down to size as well.

3-8

Got some spray glue.

3-9

Wrapping the boards with outdoor carpet.

3-10

This was easier and went a lot quicker than I expected.

3-11

Layout I went for that gives me 4 storage areas. Where the paper weight is sitting will be hidden by the rear seats in their upright position. At ~8” deep, I plan to use the space vertically as well.

3-12

Test fitting the base.

3-13

Left side storage area:

3-14

Right side storage area:

3-15

All pieces in place:

3-16

From the rear, facing forward

3-17

From the cab, facing rear (this is where most of my electronics will go).

3-18

Cover still fits!

3-19

Everything sits flush with the plastic moulding.

3-20